Friday, July 07, 2006

Week 37

Another week gone and boy did it fly by! I'll get straight to the good stuff and update about the doctor's appointment this morning. We are both doing great. After much distressing over my weight the last week and last night, the verdict wasn't so bad after all. The doctor didn't lecture me and I actually got a "great job on the weight" response. I'm sure next week, I'll get a lecture...that seems to be the pattern these days. LOL! I only gained 0.3 pounds. WOOHOO! It really shocked me to hear that. I was just noticing last night that my face looks chubbier and with the 4th of July holiday this week I was a bit worried.

Mia is still head down and the doctor says she's dropped some into the pelvis. I think I even notice that today because I feel like I have a little bit of a waddle going on when I walk. I asked the doctor how much he thought she would weigh at birth. After feeling around he said she was just under 6 pounds right now and was guesstimating an "average" weight of about 7.5 pounds at birth. Phew. I just knew she was going to be over 8 pounds like her mommy. Her heartbeat was a strong 154. My cervix is softening and I'm about a fingertip dilated. That translates to about 1/2 cm, maybe 1 cm. Dr. E seemed to lean more toward the 1/2 cm measurement. No predictions from him on when he things she'll make an appearance. Lately, I have had July 20th stuck in my head but no one really knows except Mia!

My next appointment is scheduled for next Friday morning. We are headed to Chang's this weekend for one last trip before Mia. Since it has been about 2 weeks since we've taken belly pictures, we are planning that for the weekend too. Maybe I can get them posted by Sunday. Also, in the works for this weekend is another trip to the movies. We went to see the DaVinci Code last Monday and are planning to see Pirates of the Caribbean this weekend. JP keeps reminding me to go to the movies as much as possible before Mia gets here because after she arrives, I can forget seeing a movie all the way through in one sitting for a while! Hee hee.

No comments: