Friday, July 21, 2006

Week 39

It's hard to believe we are SO close now. The doctor's appointment this morning went well. We met Dr. S and liked him very much. He said my weight was good. I just KNEW I was getting a lecture on that because my swelling has been even worse this week. Blood pressure was good, as usual. He checked my cervix and I really thought he was going to tell me that I had dilated more and blah, blah. I knew all the new feelings I was having this week would mean something and they did, just no progress on dilating. I am still only a fingertip dilated (about 1 cm), but my cervix is now 70% effaced. He said she was still pretty high up there. She's comfy. :)

I need to start taking everyone's advice and not put much into what my cervix is doing. Even the doctor said labor could happen at anytime regardless of what my cervix is doing. We talked about induction again if I have not delivered or gone into labor by next Friday, the due date. After talking about it this morning, I do feel a little more at ease about being induced if needed. Dr. S said my pregnancy has been "textbook" and problem-free that he would hate to see it turn into a high-risk because I was past term. I guess with age and all going overdue would increase the risk for c-section and meconium discharge, etc. If we have to be induced, we are going to try to insist on July 31st so she can still be a July baby. :)

Still feeling great and trying to stay cool!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»