Friday, July 14, 2006

Week 38

No new progress to report. Dr. E says my cervix is about the same as last week. He didn't mention that she's dropped anymore either. If she has it isn't that noticeable to me although I have been feeling more pressure in the pelvic area. Apparently, my weight increased since last week, but I'm still not looking so I don't know if that means 1 pound or 20. He feels that it's from the swelling and fluid retention. It's certainly understandable. It has been much hotter this week and my swelling was worse yesterday. I am even getting it in my fingers and I just feel a more bloated, so to speak.

I'm still feeling pretty good. I have been more tired this week but sleeping well. Maybe my body is trying to tell me I need to get MORE sleep and store it up for the upcoming labor. Dr. E gave me orders to take it easy this weekend and drink lots of fluids. I think I am going to actually listen to him this time. :)

He also mentioned that if I made it to my 40 week appointment that we would start to talk induction for the following week. I am really hoping I don't make it to my due date at all now. I want my baby girl to stay in there as long as she needs to but I'm now hoping that she will be ready soon and come on out. I am just against the idea of induction and will try to be as nice as possible about it. I think starting to talk about scheduling an induction a few days after my due date is ridiculous to me. I'd be more inclined to start talking about it a week after my due date, maybe. I'm going to try not to worry about it right now and get upset for nothing. I'll wait until I actually have a reason, too.

We are going to meet Mrs. C tomorrow. She is the lady that we are hoping will be watching Mia when I return to work. She sounds great and I really hope we all hit it off and I get great "vibes" about her, her husband, and her home. Will update again soon!

No comments: