Thursday, July 20, 2006

Not today...

July 20th has been sticking in my head for a while now and I really thought maybe today would be Mia's birth day. It doesn't appear that will happen. I am still having the mild menstrual-type cramps, a little bit of lower back pain and some odd sensations in the area of my cervix, the usual pelvic pressure, and belly tightening. I still have not lost my mucous plug, as far as I know. I'm not really sure that means much anyway.

I stayed home today to work instead of going into the office. My boss was nice enough to agree to that. I've gotten a lot done so far and I am finally to the point that I feel ready for maternity leave to start. Tomorrow morning at 9:30 is the 39 week appointment. Dr. E will not be there so we will be seeing Dr. S and meeting him for the first time. I hope that he checks my cervix and tells me that all sorts of progress has been made. I would like to think I am experiences all these "feelings" for something.

Going to get my hair cut this evening. Can't wait! My bag for the hospital is pretty much packed. I need to put a few last minute items in there but otherwise, I'm ready. I am thinking about going to buy a birthing ball after the hair cut appointment. I really think it will come in handy for when labor finally gets here. :)

That is all for now! Will update again in the morning.

3 comments:

The Preister's said...

lastnight slept great - but the few nights before were horrible -- I wonder if that means anything, I doubt it!

I stayed home from work today too!! I sure hope we get things going soon, I have the job thing weighing on me now too - but most importnantly i want to keep baby safe, so whatever God has in plan will be how it happens :-)

hope you pop soon, but just know that I will be jealous if you go before me!!!!!!

brenda (brenda_0317_06 from babyfit)

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»