Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Nursery

The nursery is still full of crap at the moment. It was the guest room and has a full size bed and dresser, nightstand and bookcase in it at the moment. I have managed to get the closet somewhat cleaned out and the drawers cleaned out. Just have to find a place to move it now.

We've decided against a particular theme for the nursery. When we first learned about the baby I obviously automatically thought about doing turtles. Everything I found was in green and yellow and I really didn't want to go with that. It's not that I don't like those colors, it just wasn't what I envisioned as the end result. After much thought, we've decided on chocolate brown and pink. I have the bestest aunt in the whole wide world who has offered to make the crib bedding for us. We are going shopping some time soon to pick out a fabric. I really can't wait to get started on painting and decorating and buying stuff. This picture shows an idea of the colors. I think it's very pretty.


My mom is also crocheting something for the munchkin. I can't wait to see that either. I should actually get over there and learn how to do that while she's making it. I've been wanting to learn to crochet for a while now. And I've been working on a cross-stitch for the nursery called Sleepy Bears or something. It has a lot of browns in it but also has a lot of blues. I think it will still look good with the rest, though.

No comments: