Thursday, February 02, 2006

Week 15

Well, I'm now 3 months and 1 week pregnant. I still really don't "feel" like it yet. I have a little pudge in my lower abdomen but it still mostly just looks fat. I have been having A LOT of headaches this week. I think it's something that a couple of trips to the chiropractor will probably fix.

C and I have been able to listen to the munchkin's heartbeat at home. Uncle H loaned us something called Baby Beats. It looks like a kid's toy radio or something but it's great. We've used it twice and it still amazes me when we hear that rapid sound. The baby still seems to be sitting low.

My enthusiasm for the gym has been short-lived. I only went twice last week. I think once this week. I could be wrong about that. Honestly, my brain just doesn't function properly at all anymore. I cannot tell you how many "blonde moments" I have had this week. Things that were simply tasks to me before actually tire me out now. It's weird. I guess it feels a little like what getting old feels like. I sure don't like that limited feeling at all.

The next doctor's appointment is February 10th. I already have a list of things to talk to the doctor about. The first thing on the list is to discuss talking to a dietician or something. Somedays, I just feel like I eat too much. I feel that I'm making pretty good choices most of the time but it can be discouraging when I look at my total calories for some days and it's well over 2000.

Here's the update on the munchkin's growth this week:

Age of Fetus—13 weeks

The baby's muscles are developing well. By this point they have become less jerky and operate with a smoother motion like an infant. The baby's face is becoming more human-like as the eyes, which started near the sides of the head, have moved inward and the ears have come to their natural place.

Other changes that are happening:

The baby's neck is well defined and the head now rests on the neck and not the shoulders.
The baby's scalp hair pattern will be determined this week.
Your baby now has considerable hand movement and can make a fist and move at the wrist.
Baby's Size (head to rump) this week: 4 to 4.5 inches.

Weight : 1.75 ounces

Right now your baby is about the size of a large grapefruit.

No comments: