Thursday, March 02, 2006

Mia Claire?

We've decided to call our precious little girl Mia. There's only one problem at the moment. We can't decide on the full name. I thought we were set on Mia Claire, but daddy doesn't think it has the right flow or enough syllables. I've been trying to think of replacement names and just can't seem to like anything but Mia Claire. I just love the way it sounds and looks.

After some research on the internet I've found that Mia can be short for Amelia and Miranda, neither of which I care for very much. C thought that Mariska would be nice for the first name but everywhere we looked the meaning of that name was "bitter" - not really something you want your child's name to mean. I just found a place where Mariska means "of the sea" which I just absolutely love. We're talking it over but she will definitely be called Mia. Sweet little Mia. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the name Mia Claire!!! LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT
Love,
her favorite Aunt K

Anonymous said...

YAY! I'm finally getting caught up with you! I love the name Mia Claire!!

Love you both!
Jamie