Tuesday, June 06, 2006

The babymoon


Ahhh, the ocean. Is there really anything better? It's so calming and powerful at the same time. We had a very relaxing extended weekend in Hilton Head. The weather was beautiful and it wasn't overly crowded. We did a little shopping, walking on the beach, splashing in the pool, and just plain sitting on our butts. One night we went for dinner at a seafood restaurant that overlooked the water and I had some delicious halibut, while Clay had Alaskian King crab legs for the first time. He was nice enough to share a bite with me and mmmmm, they were tasty! Another night we had Chinese at a little hole in the wall that we wish we had near home. They have the best chicken and broccoli. It's called the Red Dragon if you're ever in HH and want some good Chinese. The last night we had dinner at The Crazy Crab, although I like to call it the Crabby Crab because I think that sounds better. :) Sometimes, I just can't get enough fish and seafood. Can you tell I was really into eating?

We also entertained ourselves with a visit to a little discovery museum at the welcome center. My favorite part was going out back and taking some pictures with the marsh in the background. There really wasn't much to the museum at all.



Another favorite of the weekend for me was the gelato find. Found a little place on the island that served real gelato and it was so refreshing. I chose strawberry and literally could have sat there all day eating it. I can't wait until we go to Italy and have the real thing from the country it originated. Man, it's been way too long since I've been out of the country.



The last night we went to Harbourtown in Sea Pines. It's where the famous lighthouse is located. That's where we had dinner at The Crabby Crab and also drove over to the Salty Dog to listen to some music. Before dinner we walked over to the other side of the harbor to get shots of me with the lighthouse and the sunset in the background. While leaving that spot I tripped on an uneven spot in the sidewalk and if it weren't for Clay I would have landed flat on my face and my belly. My eyes welled up with tears at the slightest thought of landing on my belly. Pregnant women really do become the biggest klutzes.



What else can I say except our stay was just not long enough. Ideally, I would love to go again before Mia is born but I really don't see that happening. We are going to be pretty busy the next couple of weeks and by then I think it will be too close to the due date to be traveling away from home. It's not like the island is going anywhere and I'm sure we will make our yearly trip at least next June. And we'll have little Mia to take with us. I can just picture her splashing in the water and digging her toes in the wet sand. Now, THAT makes me smile.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Clay and Cindy - I loved reading this and am glad you got to have a vacation. The pictures are incredible! It was great being with ya'll at the shower last night and so exciting see all the girly baby stuff! Love ya'll Aunt K

Anonymous said...

what neat pictures! I love the side shot of you by the ocean....amazing! you look great!

I just saw one of your posts on babyfit and hadn't been back to your site for a long time...thought I would see what was new with you! Looks like you had a great time at the shower.

We are almost there - I am like you, hoping to go a week or two early...but I am not holding my breath!!

- Brenda
brenda_0317_06 (babyfit)