Friday, June 09, 2006

Week 33

It's almost hard to fathom that I only have approximately 7 weeks left. There have been times, and still are, where Mia's arrival seemed a lifetime away. Then there are moments like this where I wonder where the time has gone. WEEK 33! Just hard to imagine for me.

She is probably weighing a little over 4 pounds right now and could possibly measure anywhere from 17-18 inches. My baby girl is really growing. My belly button is hanging in there but it's just about gone. Funny thing about that, too. I discovered I have a tiny freckle inside my belly button. How that happened, I will never know, but I thought it was interesting. I can tell the space in there is getting cramped for her because her movements feel as if she is quite crowded. I get some serious nudges and bumps throughout the day and she's been really active this week. I realized last night that I don't have much longer to enjoy that movement.

Her room is a mess right now. There is luggage in the middle of the floor from our Hilton Head trip that I have not put up yet. Her crib is still full of the items she received at the shower last month. Clay surprised me the other night and brought home the armoire for her room. Yes, it's BIG! Hopefully, we'll figure out a way to arrange the room very soon. I'll probably start washing all of her clothes and blankets and such on Sunday and start putting them away in her new drawers. I'm just so ready for her room to be complete. I'm ready for everything to be just perfect for her arrival.

We have our childbirth class tomorrow and we are super excited about that. A tour of the labor and delivery floor is included. The hospital just remodeled that floor a couple of years ago and it's really nice. I've already seen it. :)

Tomorrow night is our second shower and as you might have guessed, we're excited about that, too! My good friend from Charlotte cannot make it but she sent a present which arrived yesterday. I was so excited that I could not even wait for Clay to get home. It was a box full of tiny bottles, pacifers, teething toys, crib toys, a book of nursery rhymes, a little pink dress with bloomers, a receiving blanket, a bib and burp cloth, and a memory book. There was SO much, I'm pretty sure I've forgotten to list some of it. It was so sweet and I cried. I will cry for just about any reasons these days! The generosity from everyone during this pregnancy has been overwhelming and yes, that makes me emotional.

And, Monday we have a breast-feeding class. I have these fairy-tale visions of Mia just latching on and things going perfectly but you just never know. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that BF works for us.

The next doctor's appointment is next Friday, the 16th. I think he'll probably check my cervix again and tell me "it's still nice and closed like it's supposed to be." ;-)

No comments: