Friday, May 05, 2006

Week 28

We are officially in the third trimester! I had a doctor's appointment this morning. Mia was active, kicking the heartbeat monitor, and her heartbeat was a strong 152. I have gained a whopping 41 pounds so far and Dr. E said I needed to "watch the weight". I won't harp too much on that because I've been having to force myself all morning not to cry about it so that's all I have to say about that. Apparently, one person can eat too much fruit.

We got a lot of our questions answered today. I was happy to learn that they do not routinely do inductions or episiotomies; only if absolutely necessary. They definitely will not do another routine ultrasound unless there is a problem. If we wanted them to do one that wasn't medically necessary, insurance wouldn't pay for it and it would cost us around $300-$500. But he has no objections to the 4-D ultrasound which don't seem to cost as much as the regular...if we decide to do one. My blood pressure was good. Our appointments will now be every two weeks until 36 weeks. Then it will be once a week. Next appointment is May 19th at 11:30, right before our first shower. I am so excited about that baby shower.

No comments: