Friday, May 19, 2006

Week 30

Only 10 weeks left. 70 days until her due date. I'm getting more and more anxious to meet her. She's gone through another growth spurt and is getting big. She probably weighs about 3 pounds right now. My belly button is just about non-existant. I'm guessing it will completely "pop" in the next two weeks.

I have a doctor's appointment at 11:30 this morning and he is going to check my cervix. I'm excited about hearing "you're 50% effaced" or something that I really won't understand but I'll know it's something that is bringing me that much closer to labor. I will not be posting any updates about weight because I have decided that I will no longer be looking at the numbers on the scale. Since I am curious about the difference in weight before and after birth, I plan to weigh myself at home right before I leave for the hospital. Then, a few days after I'm home, I'm going to weigh myself again. I don't know why that interests me so much but it does.

Our first shower is at noon today. I am so excited. Clay is coming to it and so are most of the grandparents. Mia got an early gift yesterday because the lady is going out of town today and can't make the shower. She gave Mia 3 cute little summer outfits. One with a matching headband, another with ruffles and a matching hat, and the third in a pretty yellow and blue. We have a busy day ahead of us!

No comments: