Friday, May 19, 2006

Our first baby shower

Our first baby shower was great and so much more than we both expected! The generosity of my co-workers, friends, and our family was just overwhelming. Mia got a lot of beautiful clothes that she is going to look absolutely adorable in and many other nice items that she will need such as a stroller, tub, bath accessories, toys & books, blankets, gift cards. There was SO much! I'm looking forward to going through everything again.



Mommy got a very special gift as well from GranE. A beautiful charm bracelet with a little girl charm and a heart charm with Mia's name and birth year engraved on it. She is such a special little girl and is going to be very loved. She already is VERY loved. :)



Update on the doctors appointment this morning: My cervix is not effaced or dilated which is exactly how it's supposed to be, apparently. I do have 10 weeks left. I guess it is kinda early to be expecting any changes yet. :) Also, I did not look at the scale but when the doc got to that part he said, "You're doing great on your weight. Keep it up." I told him I was no longer looking at the scale and to please not tell me. He just laughed and said I was doing great. Great!

Here are some pics from the shower. I did not have my camera set correctly so the pics from my camera didn't turn out so well except for the bracelet picture. The pics posted of the shower are courtesy of Papa.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These were great pictures. Love the bracelet and love the picture of you, Clay and Mia!!!!
Love
Great Aunt Kim