Friday, April 28, 2006

Week 27

It is hard for me to fathom sometimes that at the end of this week I will officially be in the third trimester. That will mean only 3 more months until my little princess gets here. In approximately 91 days, I will be a mommy. Can I just say, WHOA!?

The recent growth spurt is making for cramped quarters in there for her. I can feel how she is taking up more room in my uterus with less wiggle room than before. It feels like she is even trying out new positions because I felt her up around my belly button several times yesterday. She has been so active since her little growth spurt. There are times that my entire belly just shakes. The little munchkin still prefers her usually spot for nightime, though - all balled up on the left side, which still makes me laugh everytime I see my wopped-sided belly. Yes, in addition to new belly shots, we still have not managed a pic of the wopped-sided belly either.

Things just seem busy lately. Last weekend, we traveled to Charlotte so me and Auntie Kim could shop for fabric for Mia's bedding. We were so successful at a place in Gastonia called Mary Jo's. The store is absolutely amazing and the women that work in there impressed me to no end with their mathematical skills WITHOUT a calculator or pen and paper! Clay started painting the nursery. He had a new plan for the paint scheme so there is one wall left to paint which he is going to finish this weekend. Once that it complete, we'll try to post a picture or two. It will just be a picture of an empty room with 3 pink walls and one mocha colored wall. Papa is buying the crib and that has not been ordered yet, nor has any of the other furniture that's going in there. Boy, we have a lot to do!

Here's what babycenter.com has to say about her progress for week 27:
How your baby's growing: Your baby is really starting to fill up your uterus. This week she weighs almost 2 pounds and is about 14.4 inches long with her legs extended. She can now open and close her eyes, and she sleeps and wakes at regular intervals. She may suck her fingers, and although her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with assistance — if she were to be born prematurely. Chalk up any rhythmic movement you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and isn't bothersome to her, so enjoy the tickle. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. Wonder what she's thinking?
I know exactly what she's thinking - I can't wait to meet my mommy and daddy. :)

No comments: