Thursday, August 17, 2006

Three weeks old



Mia will be 3 weeks old tomorrow but her appointment with the doctor today was for her 2 week check-up. She's doing great. She now weighs 9 pounds 6 ounces and has grown 2 whole inches for a total of 21 1/4. Her temper was showing through because I had to stop breastfeeding her so the doctor could check her out. The doctor made her mad too with the poking and prodding. The girl does not like to have her meals interrupted. She gets that from her mommy. :D

We've been doing good this week. Her "stump" fell off and she has the cutest belly button. Clay and I were happy to see that thing go. It was getting pretty gross looking. We were going to give her her very first bath tonight but we are both too tired for it. Probably tomorrow night. Another milestone for her this week was sleeping in her crib at night. I really couldn't take sleeping on the couch anymore and so we took the big plunge Monday night and put her to sleep in her room in her own bed. She did okay the first night and even better last night. She's growing up so fast.

I am still pretty tired but I'm dealing with it. Even though I only get to sleep about 2 hours or so at a time, I am sleeping better now that I'm back in my own bed. I have also been trying to nap more which helps a little. We are going to attempt to do more bottle feeding so that Clay can help out with the feeding more. She'll still be getting breast milk, just not always from the breast. She should be waking up soon for a feeding which is why I am upstairs and on the computer at the moment. Her pediatrician recommended to go ahead and start introducing the bottle now because she'll adjust to it more smoothly. I just can't be in the same room or she's more likely to refuse the bottle from Clay. I really want him to be able to have that time with her.

No comments: