Monday, August 14, 2006

On a more positive note...


I realized after I created the previous post that it was nothing but negative and rather depressing. I thought I would update with all the positive and good things to do with motherhood.

Mia is a "noisy" sleeper. She grunts and squeaks A LOT and it makes me and Clay just laugh at her. She looks so peaceful when she sleeps and I love to catch a glimpse of a smile from her. It makes me wonder what she's dreaming about. She also makes some of the funniest faces I have ever seen. And she has the whole "talk-to-the-hand" thing down pat. She truly is the sweetest baby on the planet.

I've already lost about 25 pounds and my feet look normal again. It really is amazing how much fluid a body can retain! I think the breastfeeding has a lot to do with the weight loss. As it turns out, I gained about 58 pounds during the pregnancy. I'm hoping to start walking a little bit this week. I think the doctor told me I could start walking some when my incision was feeling better.

Breastfeeding is going VERY well. We bought a pump so that Clay can feed her some and so that we will be able to eventually leave her with someone else while we go out and when I go back to work. She is slowly starting to take a bottle of pumped breastmilk from her daddy.

Mia actually slept through the night last night. She slept from 11:30 to 5:00 this morning. I woke up at 3am wondering why she hadn't woken me up to nurse. Each day gets a little easier and being a little more rested helps even more!

We finally got a great picture of Mia, with her eyes open, for the birth announcement. Hopefully, we can get those out pretty soon. She is the most beautiful baby in the world. Clay and I have been so blessed. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about sounding "negative". Nothing you have said or felt has not been said and felt by us other mothers. In fact, most of us could be MUCH more negative and not feel a bit guilty - especially after you have gone through it more than once and realized that it doesn't last forever and it's the same every time. She is beautiful and you and Clay are wonderful parents - above average!
Sandee