Thursday, August 24, 2006

4 weeks old



I can't believe she is already 4 weeks old. Which also means my maternity leave is half over. That makes me so sad. The first two weeks really did seem to last an eternity but then I started to get the hang of things and Mia got her days and nights straight and we are both sleeping better at night. Now that we are approaching her 4 week birthday I have gone from actually wanting to go back to work, to feel somewhat normal again, to not EVER wanting to go back to work - at least not for several more months. Seriously, the thought of leaving her with someone else, even for only 2 and half days a week, hurts my heart.

One of my favorite times now is when she wakes up in the morning around 8ish or so. She has always been so dramatic in waking up with her grunts and squeaks and her arms flying around. It takes her about 30 minutes to actually open her eyes. It's quite funny to watch and Clay and I have had some good laughs watching her! I can hear her making all her noises on the baby monitor and then she's quiet again. When I peek in on her to see how she's doing she is wide awake and intently studying her bumper pads. She's smiling and cooing and making little baby sighs. Her little personality is really starting to come out. I hate to sound selfish but I really don't want anyone else experiencing things before me or Clay. It's going to be very hard to go back to work and I only have 4 more precious weeks left.

I have been taking Mia on daily walks around the neighborhood. She usually sleeps through them but they are doing me a world of good. It's still very hot and we were only able to stay out for about 30 minutes at the most. Today, we were out for about an hour. She was actually awake for the first part of today's walk but soon dozed off. She's such a little cutie-pie.

I got on the scale this morning and have lost a total of 30 pounds. I don't really get an over abundance of "wow, you look great" comments but I certainly feel a lot skinnier than I used to. Still have 28 pounds to go until I am back to my wedding day weight. Since I was trying to lose weight then as well I will continue to try to lose more than 28 pounds, but right now my goal is just 28 pounds. Baby steps. :)

1 comment:

The Preister's said...

Hi there! you do so good at keeping your page updated, I am horrible! And little Mia is great infront of the camera!

Are you doing anything special to take the weight off? I have lost about 27 lbs, but have 30 left to get me to prebaby weight. But then I have another 15 to loose to get to where I want to be...45 lbs seems so hard because I know what is left is fat, and not baby weight :(. I tried to start doing pilates again this week, but found that my tummy was too sore (I had a c-section)...I want a miracle drug!!

I hope things continue to go well for you! keep in touch!