Tuesday, August 29, 2006

I had my 4 week check-up with my doctor on Monday and was given the go ahead to return to normal activities. We also had to get a picture of Mia with Dr. E. I don't think my mom will ever forgive him for knicking her tiny little butt with the scalpel during my C-section.



After the check up, we walked over to my department so my co-workers could meet Mia. It really made me realize how much I am not looking forward to going back to work. The visit wasn't all that long. Mia's tummy wasn't feeling good and she was starting to cry so we just went home.

Mia had an ultrasound last week to check out her hips. Her pediatrician wanted to be sure that her hips were okay since she was a breech presentation at birth. The doctor that did the ultrasound felt that her right hip was "a little more loose" than they like. After her pediatrician read his results she wanted Mia to be seen my an pediatric orthopedists. We are going for that appointment tomorrow. Clay and I really are not that concerned with it because it doesn't cause Mia any pain and the pediatrician doesn't seem to be that concerned with it either. I supposed the ultrasound and the orthopedist are just precautions.

I have lost 2 more pounds for a total of 32. Guess those daily walks are really doing some good! My mental state is much better now too. If I could only stop being so uptight and tense when we leave the house!

Last Saturday, Mia stayed with her GranE for a few hours so that Clay and I could attend a bridal shower. I was so anxiously about leaving her even though I knew she was in great hands. I managed to wait 2 whole hours before calling and I was anxious for nothing. Mom said they played for a while, then she took part of a bottle, then was fast asleep. She was still asleep when we picked her up. Then she cried all the way home. She has an aversion to car rides lately for some reason. GranE is going to watch her again this Saturday while we attend the wedding. Well, I'm attending the wedding, Clay is doing the photography for it. This time, I won't feel so anxious about leaving her....I hope. :)

I know I have already posted bath pictures but this pic is from her bath the other night. I just love it...my husband is so talented.



Must go now. I can hear Mia cooing on the baby monitor which means she is "talking" to her bumper pads again and will be ready to get out of her crib soon. Time for our walk! :)

1 comment:

Cindy said...

She IS beautiful! Thank you for noticing. :D