Friday, April 21, 2006

Week 26

I have been rather cranky today and I'm not entirely sure why. Mia has been super active today and that makes me smile. She always makes me smile. I was driving back to work from lunch and she was hitting me in a spot that tickled and I just laughed. She's so sweet and loves her mommy and knows just what to do to help my mood. :)

Here progress so far, although I don't think much has changed except she's steadily growing bigger and stronger:
Your baby now weighs a little under 2 pounds and measures about 14 inches, from head to heel. The nerve pathways in her ears are developing, which means her response to sounds is growing more consistent. Her lungs are developing now, too, as she continues to take small breaths of amniotic fluid — good practice for when she's born and takes that first breath of air.


Since I still don't have any new belly pics to post, here is a diagram (courtesy of www.babycenter.com) of what she probably looks like right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are thoroughly enjoying your pregnancy. That's good! How's Daddy doing? We are enjoying our new little boy, Davis. He's a big boy and very loved by his big brothers and sister - not to speak of all the rest of us. Babies are such fun! Harry said Clay is working on the nursery. Tell me about it. Is it still pink and chocolate? Sounds yummy.