Friday, October 27, 2006

13 Weeks Old


Daddy and Mia - Baby's First Boo

It seems strange to say she's 13 weeks old when the 28th is tomorrow and she'll officially be 3 months. My little girl is going to be 3 months old! Wow! She is growing so fast and changing every week! I noticed when I picked her up from the sitter's yesterday that she seemed to change in the few hours I was away from her. I have this fear that she is going to do all of her "firsts" at her sitter's house and not ours. When I put her in the car seat to take her home she started sucking her top lip. Barbara pointed out that she was sucking her top lip AGAIN. It was the first time I had seen that. It was cute as pie and sad for me at the same time because I missed that "first".


Ooooh, I'm so scared!

Mia had a visit from Aunt Sandee and Uncle Gary on Sunday. They brought her a present which was a cute footed sleeper (I just love her in those things) and a sweet little stuffed animal named Hope. On Monday, we met Daddy and MeMe at El Chico’s for lunch. Otherwise, it's been a fairly quiet week. We were only able to get out one day this week for a walk.


Aunt Sandee and Mia

The Gamecocks are playing Tennessee tomorrow and ESPN is going to be in Columbia for Gameday. Clay wants to get down there early tomorrow morning and try to get Mia on TV. Hee hee. We're going to the game that night while Mia stays with her GranE. Other than that we have a pretty quiet weekend ahead of us.


Daddy and Mia sleeping late on a Sunday morning

I know I said that I would only be getting on the scales every other week but I couldn't help myself this morning. Again, I felt like I had gained weight because my pooch seems to be getting bigger and my hips are definitely wider. Pregnancy has really changed the shape of my body. Well, I was surprised to see that I'd lost another 2 pounds for a total of 43 1/2 pounds. I never in a million years would have imagined that I would have lost that much weight at this point. I've always been one of those people that HAS to exercise to lose weight or to maintain my weight. It's definitely a result of breastfeeding. It has to be.


Tasty thumb

A new exercise place just opened up down the street from our house that I’m thinking about joining. I really wish we had the room at home to purchase an elliptical machine or a treadmill but we do not. I’m not quite sure when I would have the time to go but I would like to start making the time. I think it will benefit me a lot to do some strength training. I have been having a lot of trouble with my back aching and even my hips are achy. I’m sure a lot of it is due to leftover hormones in my body and my body trying to get back to its old self again. At least that’s what I HOPE it’s trying to do!


Talking to Mr. Turtle


Bathtime with Mommy!


I'm so silly


Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

The Preister's said...

cute pictures, as always!!

i LOVE the one with her sucking her thumb. Charli tries but can't get just the one finger in her mouth!!!

GREAT job on the weight loss, I am so jelous, but I am not doing much about it...so my own fault!

does she like to take baths in the tub? we tried it once with her, on the yellow sponge-y mat thing...and she wasn't crazy about it. I told DH that we should sit in there with her - and he said he didn't want to start that :-( but I know we will do it eventually!!!

HAPPY 13th weeks to Mia and Charli!!!