Friday, October 06, 2006

10 Weeks Old



Mia is doing great! I do believe we were blessed with the most perfect child. I would love to say that she is adjusting to the staying with her sitter very nicely, but it doesn't seem like any adjusting was required at all! I talk to the sitter several times during the day and Mia is always doing great. She takes her bottle just fine. She's napping pretty well. Her sleeping at night as even IMPROVED and she's sleeping longer lengths now...like 8 and 9 hours at a time! She's keeping busy with checking out the new surroundings and entertaining herself in the bouncy seat, etc. She really doesn't even seem all that excited to see me when I get there either. I hope that will change. It sorta hurts my feelings right now. :(

This week of changes turned out better than I thought it would for all of us. I thought I would be crying every day at work, but I haven't. I still miss her terribly but I feel confident that she is in good loving hands so there's no extra stress like I thought there would be.

I jumped on the scale this morning and have lost 4 1/2 more pounds in the last 2 weeks. Woohoo! I certainly didn't expect it at all so I had to get on the scale three times just to be sure. That's a total of 40 pounds lost. Only 18 more to go to reach my pre-pregnancy weight. It will feel good to reach that point. Even though I was trying to lose weight and working out when I got pregnant, I was very comfortable at that size. I'm pretty comfortable now but still can't wear most of my regular cloths. I'm trying to save money and I don't want to have to spend an arm and a leg replenishing my closet. I can't believe I just said I didn't want to spend money on clothes. LOL!

Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad everyone is doing well with the new transition. It is such a blessing to be happy and confident with your daycare provider. We are both blessed.

Charli doesn't get too excited to see me yet either...it will change. Although I see the other girls at daycare (7-12 years old)so sad when their moms come, because it means they have to go home and stop playing with their friends!!

Congrats with loosing the weight, I am so jealous! i am going to try to workout a few times a week over my lunch starting next week. hope I can do it...I have 37 lbs to get where I WANT to be, but 20 to get to pre-pregancy weight.

hope your first week back at work went well, each day/week gets better...then it seems like normal :-(

-brenda