Friday, October 20, 2006

12 Weeks Old


Our baby girl is growing up WAY too fast! I keep asking her to slow down or to just stop for a little while but she won't do it! I'm trying to savor it as much as I can but it's just flying by!

We took her to the State Fair on Sunday. She slept through most of it but when she woke up for the picture she seemed bewildered by all the people. She was cute and such a sweetie pie during the visit. Next year should be even more fun and maybe we can actually take her for a ride on the ferris wheel.


This has been a fairly quiet week. She had a visit from "uncle" Ron and again I forgot to get a picure! Daddy spent a couple of nights studying for a differential equations test. Fun stuff! I have been trying to spend more time playing with Mia on the floor and loving every minute of it. When I was home with her on Monday and Tuesday she napped on my chest after her 4 o'clock nursing. It was so sweet lying on the couch with the most precious child in the world sleeping soundly on my chest. That's going to be a regular thing on those days from now on. :)

On Saturday, Clay and I are going to a bar to watch the USC/Vandy game. It's an away game and is only available on pay per view so Mia is going to stay with GranE while we go to the Wild Hare and watch the game. Should be fun. I know GranE sure is looking forward to all that quality time with Mia.

In the last two weeks I have lost a 1.5 pounds. It's good because I thought I had actually gained some. Seems like the more weight I lose, the bigger my tummy pooch seems to get. Time to start doing something about it. I've lost a total of 41.5 pounds and realized today that if I was actually making an effort to lose weight by exercising and really watching what I ate, I could be dropping pounds left and right.

2 comments:

The Preister's said...

I am so jealous of your weight loss...I do really good for a few days and then totally shoot downhill. But, GOOD FOR YOU!!!

Glad to her Mia enjoyed the fair, fun memories for you!

Have you started to think about your Chirstmas picture/card yet? I suppose we all need to start thinking about that over the next several weeks, if we want them out before Christmas!

The Preister's said...

I have decided that I LOVE your pictues because you always put Mia on a black backgroud...and that just makes her stick out so great! I might see if our photographer will do that for Charli's 3 month pictures...she will be wearing bright pink, so it should really POP!