Monday, September 18, 2006

Sweet dreams

I didn't sleep very well Friday night. When I got up the first time in the middle of the night to nurse Mia, I looked down at her and it just hit me all of a sudden that there is NO WAY I can leave my baby and go back to work. It was a horribly sad feeling. I didn't sleep well the rest of the night. By the end of Saturday night, I was just exhausted. Clay and I had gone to a USC game and I had fun but by halftime I was ready to hit the hay. I guess little Mia could tell that mommy was so tired because she slept from midnight until 6 am Sunday morning! I woke up before she did and the only reason I did was because I rolled over and realized my boobs felt "weird". They were completely engorged because I had not nursed the baby in over 6 hours. I can't even begin to explain how good it felt to sleep for 6 straight hours. I hadn't slept like that since before I was pregnant! I'm not sure if we are on our way to sleeping through the night yet or not. She did not repeat it last night. The 6-hour sleeping stretch could have been a result of a growth spurt. No matter...it was a nice surprise!

It seems that her tear ducts are slowly starting to open up. Her left eye seems completely "cured" because it is no longer draining. The right eye is getting much better and is less gooky in the mornings. Yay! She has the prettiest eyes, too. They are so bright and deep blue and her eye lashes are SO long. She's my little sweetie-pie!

No comments: