Thursday, September 28, 2006

2 Months Old


Miss Mia is now 2 months old! Wow, she's really growing up so fast. I hear people say all the time, "They grow up so fast. Enjoy this time now!" You never truly know what they mean until you're there. It really does FLY by!

She is doing so well. She has been sleeping through the night for the most part. Some nights she will do 5-hour stretches and other nights she will do 7-hour stretches. I'm not picky. I like the 7-hour stretches the best but enjoy the 5-hour ones, too! She is such a big girl and can put herself to sleep. Her neck is getting so much stronger as are her legs. I swear she would get up and walk off if she could when we are holding her and she stretches those legs out and "stands".

This was my last week of maternity leave. I have been trying to savor every single moment. It went by so fast. We are going to Hilton Head this weekend. It will be a nice ending to my maternity leave and hopefully help keep my mind off the fact that I will be returning to work in a few days. It will be Mia's first time out of town, sleeping away from home and first visit to the ocean. I'm looking forward to it.

Mia has also discovered the television. She is quite intrigued with it right now. I really want to get some of the Baby Einstein DVDs now. I guess HGTV and the Food Network could sort of be considered "educational". :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't get a picture taken on her 2 month birthday either...poor Charli and Mia - we are space-cases!! But it is okay. Then when I was laying in bed I realized she was wearing the EXACT same outfit she was wearing when I took her one month shot...so it was probably a good thing!!!

did I tell you that charli has that same outfit? so cute!! her's is NB size so it is getting short on her!

have a great weekend, good luck monday. It will be hard, but you can do it.

PS - Charli likes the TV too.. :-)

-brenda

Anonymous said...

PS - happy 9 weeks of life to Mia!!!