Friday, September 22, 2006

8 Weeks Old



Yes, our little angel is 8 weeks old now. It really does feel like just yesterday that we were coming home from the hospital. Thank goodness we are not, though. I don't want her growing up so fast but I really do not want to do those first 2 weeks over. We have all come such a long way since then.

Mia really is growing fast. When she is lying in her crib or laying across me nursing it is so obvious how long she is getting. I think they will probably measure her length at her 2 month appointment on October 2.

Mia is doing great. Her left eye is so much better so that tear duct must have opened up. We are still have to clean out the gook in the right eye every day but it is getting much better slowly but surely. She slept for a 5 hour stretch last night from about 10:45 to 3:45. We just might be on our way to sleeping through the night pretty soon. Woohoo!



She had a pretty busy week for a baby. We took her on Wednesday to get her picture taken at the Picture People. We had a coupon for a free portrait. We weren't going to buy anything but I had a moment of weakness and bought a small package. If I can get one of the pictures scanned in I'll post it. I don't really think I need to even say that she was a perfect model and looks absolutely adorable in the pictures but she was. We have another coupon from Olan Mills for a free picture package that will be using on October 8th. Yay, free stuff! She also had a visit from her Aunt Elissa and her Grandpa and Grandma Janice this week.

As for me, I have lost another 2 1/2 pounds for a total of 35 1/2 now. I really wasn't expecting any loss this week when I jumped on the scale, especially after tailgating last weekend and the cheesecake I made this week, so that was a nice surprise to start my weekend. We have been taking advantage of the beautiful fall weather and walking this week. I'm so glad I started doing that with her. It's so relaxing.

Clay and I are going to the football game tomorrow and Miss Mia will be staying with her GranE. I know they are both looking forward to it. :) I am also getting my hair done tomorrow and I cannot wait! I haven't had it cut since right before Mia was born and it is in dire need of some coloring help as well! I'm excited to say the least!

Have a great weekend and enjoy this picture. Clay took this picture the other night. If she looks a little scared it's because she was tired of that flash in her face. LOL!

1 comment:

The Preister's said...

so cute! I sent you an email about the shots. Fill me in when you take Mia in. Every baby acts differently - she might be a perfect little peach!

I need to update my site. In a few weeks I will get her 2 month proofs back, hope to put some online too!

GO USC!!