Friday, March 24, 2006

Week 22

Week 22! 5 whole months! Can you believe it? I hardly can sometimes. Only 18 weeks to go and 126 days until her due date of July 28th. I still think she'll decide to introduce herself to us all on August 1st but we'll see. :)

She has been super active this week and I just love it. I can actually feel her moving when I'm standing up or walking now. Before I was just feeling her when I was sitting or lying flat on my back. I even felt her moving in the shower this morning. I need to get in the bathtub and see if I can hear her under water like my mommy used to do when she was pregnant with me.

I am getting so excited about meeting her. 18 weeks to go doesn't really sound like a long time but then again it seems like an eternity. Here's her development so far for this week's post:

Your baby now looks like a miniature newborn, checking in at 10.9 inches and almost 1 pound. Her skin will continue to appear wrinkled until she gains enough weight to fill it out, and the fine hair (lanugo) that covers her head and body is now visible. Her lips are becoming more distinct, and the first signs of teeth are appearing as buds beneath her gum line. Her eyes are developed, though the iris (the colored part of the eye) still lacks pigment. Eyelids and eyebrows are in place, and her pancreas, essential for hormone production, is developing steadily. Her brain is growing rapidly and will continue to grow for the next five years. Baby is about the size of a child’s Nerf football (head to rump).

Daddy is going to take some new belly pictures in the morning to post. Stay tuned!

No comments: