Monday, June 04, 2007

The riverwalk


She woke up bright eyed at 7:30 this morning. She had breakfast and then her Grandpa came over to visit. Can you believe I did NOT take a picture of them together, yet AGAIN! Oi. Mia had a good time with her Grandpa but was showing signs of being sleepy so Grandpa left so she could settle down for a nap. Ah, what a joker she is. When I finally did get her to sleep she only slept for 30 minutes. I think she is about ready to give up the morning nap but I keep trying because she shows signs of being sleepy. I really wish she could talk sometimes. :)


By the time she wakes up it's lunchtime so we have some lunch. She's been eating pretty good the last couple of days even though I know her new toofies that are coming in are really bothering her. I thought a good walk outside might be good for her but today was a warm one. The neighborhood is nice for walking with the sidewalks and all but there just isn't enough shade. So, we packed up and went down to the Riverwalk. It's so pretty down there and nice and shady for the most part.


Mia always enjoys being around other people and interacting. She makes a friend at every restaurant we take her to! There was a man at the river with his granddaughter. The man was kind enough to ask whether Mia is a boy or a girl before commenting how much she must be enjoying our stroll. How nice to ask something so simple rather than saying, "He must really love being outside!" It burns me up to no end when someone assumes she's a boy. Grrr.


Anyway, it was a rather hot day and I could feel my face getting very red so we called it quits and headed toward home. She fell asleep after about 10 minutes sowe rode around for a while. We are going through some real issues regarding her sleep right now so I take her napping how I can get it right now. She slept for an hour and with gas prices they way they are today, that was one expensive nap! We encountered a big afternoon thunderstorm which she peeked at but dosed right back off. It was over as quickly as it started and it was sunny again when we got home.



After dinner, Mia got ready for bed, Hawaiian jammies, and she played in her bedroom window for a long while. She likes to stand there like a big girl and talk to the trees and the bushes. She danced to me sing the shake your booty song. She loves to dance and I love to watch her. We played patty cake, she thoroughly inspected the Diaper Champ, then she started acting sleepy and climbing on mommy. We settled down in the rocker. She was nursing like a champ until daddy got home and she perked right up. 10 minutes later she was doing her karate chop at mommy which we think means she is trying to get your attention....my back was to her when she did it. She was ready for bed again. After much rocking, comforting, and holding she finally fell asleep just before 11:00. We are not sure what is going on right now but we are sure we don't want it to last long!

1 comment:

The Preister's said...

I LOVE IT! you are having so much fun with Mia, I love to hear all about it!!!

keep up the great work mom (and dad!)