Sunday, June 24, 2007

First Steps

Mia took her first unassisted, big girl steps today. I was so excited and so proud of her. Her daddy made the prediction this morning that today would be THE day and it was. All morning she had been letting go of furniture and our hands and just standing my herself to play with or investigate whatever object was within her reach. She was standing at the coffee table, banging on it, and I was sitting on the floor near her. She let go and took two very balanced steps and I don't even remember what I said but I know I was very excited. I was trying to get Clay's attention so he could at least see the second step but he thought my gasp was for something else. At least I didn't scare Mia with it. It isn't really an event you can be prepared for so there is no picture and no video. But, there will be many more steps to come so I'm sure we'll eventually get some video.


Since I really like to put a picture with every post you can enjoy these. They were taken a few weeks ago when we attended a USC baseball game. Mia got to meet her favorite bird! USC's mascot, Cocky, is really big and I fully expected him to scare her but her reaction was just the opposite. He posed for pictures with her and she was sad and cried when he left. She loves that bird.

No comments: