Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I'm a big girl now!



For some time now, the first thing Mia does when I put her in the tub for her bath at night is pee pee. I put her in and she stands there for a second and pees. I thought maybe we should go ahead and buy a potty seat for her to put on the toilet and give it a try every so often before her bath. I bought a little Dora the Explorer seat a couple of months ago. She loves to point to Dora and Boots while she is sitting on it but she never would pee pee in the potty. BUT, tonight she did! I had just turned the water off and she walked to the cabinet and opened the door and pulled out her little seat. She walked right over to the toilet with it in her hand and proceeded to try to put it on herself. I helped and was all excited that she was doing this all on her own! I undressed her and took her diaper off and sat her on it. She had an audience because Clay was home and I think he was just as excited as I was. She sat there a few seconds looking at both of us and I was trying to coax her into pee peeing in the big girl potty. Clay finally turned the faucet on at the sink and the running water must have done the trick. She pee pee'd in the potty like a big girl! I was so proud! I think she was too. She's really growing up so fast.

In other news, Christmas is shaping up to be a special one this year. Mia is really enjoying the lights on the tree. We placed non-breakable ornaments around the bottom so when she does feel curious and takes them off, it's no biggie. She has a gift bag under the tree that is also filled with plastic Christmas balls that she is free to play with whenever she wants. She likes to hand them out when we have company over.

1 comment:

The Preister's said...

as always, I LOVE your Christmas picture!!!

Cute story about Mia and the potty-chair...WAY TO GO!!!