Monday, May 21, 2007

My name is Mama


You can't tell by looking at these pictures, but Mia wasn't feeling all that great today. Her gums were bothering her from teething. She's a trooper. By the way, she has NINE teeth now! She wanted to be held a lot today and I happily did that for her. I even took a nap with her today. I need to slow down and do that more often because I love snuggling with her.


Her Grandpa came to visit her today and we all had such a nice visit. For some reason, I did not get a picture of that. Mia is crawling all over the place these days and is even starting to let go of things while standing and stand ALONE! It amazes me and scares me all at the same time. She's going to be walking soon. My baby is growing up so fast!!!


My smart girl also knows how to use 'mama'. It's no longer just a sound for her, it's a real word. I LOVE IT! I have been working on 'dada' with her but so far she is not doing the 'd' sound. I know she'll pick up on it soon. She's like a little sponge and picks up things quickly. We had such a great day playing in the mirror and making funny faces, laughing, and being silly. It's fun being a mommy.

1 comment:

The Preister's said...

so glad to hear these stories!! Mia is such a big girl and a huge cutie!!!!

i love watching her grow and learn things, but it reminds me of how quickly my baby girl is growing up too!