Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!


Today was my very first Mother's Day. It was so totally AWESOME! I got to sleep late with my snuggly Mia in the bed next to me. We got up and Clay had coffee ready and even made breakfast! You know how incredible that is if you are aware of the fact that he is not very familiar with a kitchen. :) He then went on to completely amaze me and baked a cheesecake, from scratch. Yeah, I think he has been holding out on me. LOL!

I finally "get it" about this day. I guess you really have to be a mother to truly understand it. It still didn't really hit me until I read Mia's card to me. Clay helped her make it and it made me cry. I was suddenly filled with the most wonderful feeling that only Mia can give me. It is such a complete and whole feeling. It was just a perfect day. My sweet baby was also saying 'mama' all day. How perfect is that?!

She is also crawling now. I know, we were completely convinced she was going to skip it altogether but she is really crawling. It is the cutest thing EVER! I wish I had the video ready to post. I will try to post it soon. She's really growing up. My little tiny baby is crawling!!! It's good to be a mom. :)

Hope you had a fabulous Mother's Day, too!

1 comment:

The Preister's said...

so glad you had a good mother's day! hard to believe our babes are going on 10 months soon.

time has gone too fast!