Thursday, March 22, 2007

Almost 8 Months Old

Mia and Grandma Janice


I realize I must start every post off by saying, "I can't believe she's this old already", but that's how I feel when I realize another month has passed by. And so QUICKLY!!! We had an eventful week. We attended Aundrea's wedding last Friday and Mia was the cutest child there. She wore a pretty dress that Grandma Janice bought for her along with white patent leather shoes. She looks so precious. She was a perfect angel at the wedding and stole everyone's hearts. Aunt Connie and Uncle Jimmy were there along with Aunt Susan and Uncle Jeff. We had a good time.

Reagan, Mia, Erica, and Erin


Sunday, we went to visit Papa and Mia was able to see her Grandma Rhonda, Aunt Toni, Aunt Courtney and 3 of her cousins. They all had a fun time. Mia didn't quite know where to start with all that long blonde hair to play with. We had a nice dinner and Mia tried chicken for the very first time. She handled meat for the first time pretty well. She likes eating regular food and she still tolerates the strained stuff but she likes to chew and pick things up herself.


My mommy tells the funniest jokes.

I haven't caught it on film yet, but Mia can now wave bye-bye. She has a lazy bye-bye wave like she's brushing you off and the full-fledged wave where she puts her whole arm into it. She's such a smart girl. I have been teaching her to say mama and I think she's going to surprise me any day now with it.

Mia a.k.a. Big Girl also prefers to stand whenever we give her the chance. She needs help getting up but not for long, I'm sure. We all think she would be just as content to skip crawling and go right to walking. Here's a little snippet of her trying to pull herself up.

I got a little bit of video of Mia "playing" the piano. Grandma Rhonda is going to have to teach her how to really play someday. She's definitely got great potential. :)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mia is awesome. That video of her trying to stand up is awesome!

Pace