Tuesday, November 28, 2006

4 Months Old

Our little Mia Pia is 4 months old today! She's growing up so fast and changing every day. I feel like she is going to roll over at any time now but it still might be weeks before she does that, only she knows! She is tolerating tummytime more these days and when I remember to put her on her tummy, she is holding her head up higher and looking around instead of just munching on her arm. I am teaching her to stick out her tongue at people and she's catching on pretty quickly. LOL!



We took her to the doctor yesterday for her 4-month check-up. She is now 25 1/2 inches long and weighs 15 pounds, 9 ounces. She's very smart with a nice round head circumference of 16 inches. Dr. W said we could introduce real food starting with rice cereal mixed with breastmilk or water and eventually move onto fruits and veggies. How exciting is that! I'm looking forward to seeing her reaction and making baby food for her.



Yesterday also included those dang shots. Of course she cried but this time it wasn't a you-hurt-my-feelings cry, it was a I'm-pissed-off cry. She was mad, to say the least, but I was surprised to see that once she was picked up she pretty much stopped and was fine. That precious child just does not seize to amaze me. Such a little trooper.



Her first Thanksgiving was so much fun. We started the day off by going to Papa's to fry turkeys. Mia met two of her cousins, Ronni and Heather, for the very first time.



We made our traditional trip up to Charlotte to Auntie Kim and Uncle Hiram's. Mia travels very well even though she isn't a fan of car rides. Maybe her mommy sitting in the backseat next to her had something to do with that this time. :) GranE rode with us and we had a ball as usual with no shortage of laughter. Cousin Trey is really growing into a nice, cute young man. He's like Mia, changes everytime I see him.



For dinner we had smoked turkey, fried turkey, the infamous cranberry "Jell-O" mold, GranE's best-ever dressing, sweet potato casserole, green beans, mashed potates, bean salad, and 2 kinds of cranberries. I think I'm forgetting something. Just talking about it makes me want to eat it all over again! Let's not forget the desserts. Auntie Kim made the most awesomest carrot cake, an oreo cheesecake and a pecan pie. Yum-E!





The long weekend was nice, too. I went into work for a little while on Friday to do some packing for our move and Mia stayed with Daddy. We went shopping for a new (PRE-LIT) Christmas tree and found a very nice one that we were both pleasantly surprised with once we got it up. We chose colored lights thinking Mia would like that better than just white. I think we were right. Mia loves to lay on the floor next to the tree and just stares at the lights and talks to the ornaments. The house is all decorated and we are just waiting on Santa to bring us some presents!



I can't forget to mention the Carolina-Clemson game this past weekend. Go cocks! Here's a pic of Mia and Daddy watching the game. Yes, the Gamecocks won!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

happy 4-month birthday Mia!!!

I can't believe how fast the time has gone!!!

Charli went to the doctor today, seems like I was just there with her for her 1 week check up!!