Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Lordy, Lordy, Lordy


Mia is busy as always. She loves to plunder through my purse. Her favorite items being my cell phone and car keys. She likes to eat the keys. I have never understood why, but she has always liked chewing on metal objects. Yuck. She has been doing well lately. Her newest word, or should I say phrase, is Lordy, Lordy, Lordy. She picked that up from GranE. It actually comes out sounding more like lerdy, lerdy, lerdy and it makes me laugh every time she says it.


It's official. I am going to be a stay-at-home mommy. My last day as a full time employee will be November 2nd. I'm very excited. I will remain employed with the hospital as PRN. Maybe I'll return one day after Mia has started school. I am looking forward to devoting more time to her although I think it's going to feel strange not working. For a while, it will probably feel like I'm doing something wrong or playing hookey from work.


I managed to survive being away from Mia for 3 days while we were in New Orleans. And the only reason I did survive is because GranE gave me constant updates on Mia. Clay and I had a great time even though our team did not win. We had a fabulous dinner at my favorite New Orleans restaurant, Bayona. You really must try it the next time you are in NO. Bourbon Street is smelly as ever but I imagine it just would not be the same if it didn't smell.



1 comment:

The Preister's said...

great pictures! Glad to hear your trip was good, and you survived! I bet Mia loved her time with GranE!

Look at the big girl Mia is turning into, I can't believe it! Lordy, Lordy, Lordy! TOO FUNNY! You need to get a video up of that, I want to see :-)

hope you are having a GREAT day!
xoxo