Monday, August 20, 2007

One year check-up

Things have been busy lately and I have not been able to update the blog like I wanted. Our computer is still being repaired therefore I have no new pictures to post right now. Mia had her one year check-up last Tuesday. She now weighs 21 pounds, 12 ounces and is 28 3/4 inches long now. She seems much taller than that to us, but the nurse measured her THREE times, and I even measured her once when we got home. Dr. W was very pleased with Mia's growth and development. She is now in the 50th percentile for height, weight and head circumference. We were sad to learn from Dr. W that she is retiring early and will no longer be Mia's pediatrician. We really liked her and she just loves Mia. We promised to keep her updated on Mia and send her pictures so she can still see her grow up.

Mia is walking all over the place. She is still doing the scowl and I have figured out that I am to blame for that one. Monkey see, monkey do. I discovered that she is actually giving me "the look". I have been trying to give her the look instead of telling her "no" and "stop" all the time. Now, she is giving it back to me!!! It is too funny. Her top eye teeth are close to popping through. Dr. W was so surprised to see that she has almost all of her teeth except (what she called) her 2-year molars.

I know I wanted to report a few other things but I seem to be sick and my brain is not working properly right now. Will update again soon...hopefully with some pictures!

2 comments:

The Preister's said...

all of her teeth, are you kiding me!! charli only has seven!!!!

I am glad to see your update, I miss hearing all about our little buddy! charli is walking all over now too, they learn so quickly once they start something - don't they!

Anonymous said...

*shiver* I think I've seen that look before from you. ;)

I can't believe how much the wee one has grown! And I haven't even met her yet.

I suck. :(