Saturday, July 28, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mia Pia!

Where does the time go? Really? It feels like just yesterday that I was lying in a hospital bed gazing at this amazing little person that I had just given birth to only a few short hours before. It sort of felt like a dream at the time. Dreams do come true and she is living proof. This has been a truly blessed year. Mia started her birthday off early at 6:30 this morning. I walked into her room singing 'Happy Birthday'. She liked that. As she was having breakfast (banana pancakes and yogurt) I looked up at the clock right at 8:43 and we sang 'Happy Birthday' to her again. She is getting the hang of the birthday song and has figured out it IS all about HER! She had a short birthday nap. I think she is too excited about her party. I will post party pictures later. We have some birthday celebrating to do right now. Here are some updates and pictures. We will see you later.


Although you can not tell from this picture because her cute little tongue is in the way, our big girl has 14 teeth! Tooth #13 broke through on Tuesday and #14 quickly followed the next day! And I have the nerve to wonder why she has trouble sleeping sometimes. Who wouldn't?! She is a big girl and rarely complains.

Her newest thing is with the headband. She was in the bathroom with me one day and she needed something to play with so I handed her a headband of mine. As some of you may know, she likes to hold onto things...always has. Well, this headband is now a daily part of her playing, sleeping, and eating routine. LOL! She will find it on the floor as she is crawling around and will stop to pick it up, sit up and proceed to get it "just right" on her head. Then, she will go about her business. She has taken naps while wearing it. She eats meals while wearing it. It has even become a part of the nighttime routine when we are in the glider reading. I slip it off her head once she has calmed down and is just about asleep. She is so funny.


I may have mentioned how much she likes to play in the refrigerator and the freezer. If she is in the living room playing and she hears me open one of the doors, she will make a bee-line for the kitchen. This also applies to the dishwasher. She likes to "help" me unload and load the dishes. The kitchen has never been MORE fun. She brightens everything in life!

2 comments:

Kellie said...

You are so big and strong, Mia! Noa and I wish you the happiest of birthdays--we cannot wait to see the pictures.

The Preister's said...

you are so cute Mia...we love you!!!!!!!!