Monday, January 29, 2007

6 Months Old

Duran Duran's Littlest Fan
Our little sweetie-pie turned 6 months old yesterday. She's getting so big and so smart and I call her my "big girl" all the time. She is eating solids twice a day. She has oatmeal and fruit in the morning and veggies and fruit in the evening. Some of the newest foods she has tried are green beans, peas, apricots, prunes, apples/blueberries, carrots, mashed potatoes, avocado, and corn. Sweet potatoes and apples are still her favorite. :)

I have the cutest butt.

Mia is sitting up very well without assistance. She used to end up on her face but now she can push herself up. You can just see the excitement on her face with this newest accomplishment. Her latest sleeping thing is rolling over in the crib to sleep on her tummy. Most of the time she rolls over and then gets mad that she's there. We roll her onto her back and she rolls right back over. When she gets it just right, she seems very content sleeping on her tummy. Mia's top teeth have been trying to come in. She is having a little harder time with them compared to the bottom two, but she is still handling it like a trooper. I could see the whites of the two front teeth for the longest time and most recently noticed that the teeth on either side of those are also coming in. She amazes me! I felt for them this morning and can feel the two top front teeth have just barely broken through the gums. Hopefully, she will be easy on mommy.

Hangin' out in Daddy's new truck.

Clay and I have been sick with a cold for the last week and unfortunately Mia has caught it as well and is sick for the very first time. She has been sick all weekend and it is just pitiful! She can't breathe well through her nose and has a yucky cough. I am pretty sure I am not her favorite person right now because I am constantly coming at her with the snot sucker. I have gotten a little more efficient with it but it just does not get enough out and doesn't seem worth all the stress and upset it causes her. Her 6 month check up is today and hopefully the doctor can give us some pointers on relieving some of the congestion for her. I will post an update with her latest stats some time after the appointment.

No comments: